Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE
Effective from 16th March 2021
2. Who we are and how to contact usThe Website is owned and operated by Jobscribe Limited (“We”, “Our” or “Us”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 12822529 and have our registered office at 10 Queen Street, Ipswich, IP1 1SS. We are a limited company.
To contact us, please fill out our contact us form.
4. Use of the WebsiteThe information and services available on the Website are provided for the sole purpose of individuals looking for employment opportunities and career information (the “Jobseeker(s)”) and for Clients seeking to recruit staff. You may use, print and download information from the Website for these purposes only and for no other personal or commercial purpose. You may not otherwise copy, display, transmit or distribute any material from the Website and if you do or if you perform any other unauthorised processing of information on the site it shall be deemed a material breach of these terms and conditions which, in the case of a Jobseeker, shall entitle us to terminate the Services immediately on notice in writing.
We expect basic courtesy from all Jobseekers whilst using our Website and/or Services. By accessing the Website and/or using the Services, you agree that you will not upload, post or transmit through the Website, anything that (a) violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including any statements which may defame, harass, stalk or threaten others; (b) you know to be false, misleading or inaccurate; (c) contains blatant expressions of bigotry, racism, racially or ethnically offensive content, hate speech, abusiveness, vulgarity or profanity; (d) contains or advocates pornography or sexually explicit content, paedophilia, incest, bestiality, or that is otherwise obscene or lewd; (e) violates any law or advocates or provides instruction on dangerous, illegal, or predatory acts, or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them; (f) advocates violent behaviour; or (g) poses, in our sole opinion, a threat to personal or public safety.
Further, we reserve the right to suspend provision of the Services to you in circumstances where we reasonably believe that you have performed any unauthorised processing of information. In respect of any personal data accessed or otherwise processed by a Jobseeker as a result of access to the Website or the Services, the Jobseeker agrees that it shall be the sole data controller of such personal data for the purposes of the GDPR and, as such, shall be solely responsible for its processing.
All copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in the Website and the material available on the site belongs to Us or our third party suppliers. Use of the Website does not give you any proprietary rights in such materials.
6. Continuing to use the WebsiteBy using the Website, you confirm that you accept these Jobseeker Terms and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these Jobseeker Terms, you must not use the Website.
We recommend that you print a copy of these Jobseeker Terms for future reference.
7. Object of the agreement and scope of the ServicesWe offer a variety of career services via our Platforms, whether that be allowing you to find a new role, or giving career tips and guidance. We want to help as many people to progress their careers as possible and hope to do that throughout your career. We will use reasonable endeavours to have our service available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week.
Some of our Services are available without creating a Profile or registering with us. Registering and creating a Profile will provide access to further functionalities and Services such as letting us know the kind of job that you are looking for so that we can notify you when they are posted (“Job Alerts”) or optional extras which may incur a cost (“Additional Services”) such as becoming a featured jobseeker.
Any and all Additional Services are completely at your discretion and not taking them up will not prevent you from finding work via the Platform’s All Services (excluding Additional Services) are provided at no cost to the Jobseeker.
We do not guarantee that by the Jobseeker subscribing to any Additional Services they will secure a job. This is simply a tool that may enhance the Jobseeker’s visibility to Clients or improve the strength of their profile.
We do not store any credit/debit card details. Any and all payments are one-off payments and are not recurring.
7.1 Services available without registration
Without registration and the creation of an account you may use Services that are available on our website without registration. Particularly you can browse and apply for jobs that are published on the Website.
7.2 Your Account
Certain Services will only be available as part of an account on the Website.
If you enter into an agreement for an account, you can use Additional Services as described hereinafter. You can register for an account as described in section 7.4.
If you wish to terminate your account with us then you must provide written confirmation of your request to do so. Upon receipt, we will use reasonable endeavours to close your account within 30 days of receipt of your formal notice. For the purposes of this paragraph written notice will include email to our registered email address or via our Website contact form [hyperlink]We reserve the right to delete your Account with immediate effect and delete all related information (including, but not limited to, your Profile) if this Agreement or any of the Jobseeker Terms have been breached.
7.3 Job Alerts
You can subscribe to Job Alerts via our Platforms. That means you will receive Job Alerts about listings which match your criteria. You can create Job Alerts manually which match a set of criteria that has been defined by you in advance. If you also register, or have registered, for an account, you can manage the Job Alerts within your account.
7.4 Your Profile
At registration, you will create a Jobseeker Profile (“Jobseeker Profile”), which will consist of information about you regarding your location, work experience and skills. It will also keep a record of your activity on the Platforms.
When a Client searches for Jobseekers on the Platforms, only basic information (your job title, location, type of work you are looking for, desired salary, industry experience and top five skills) will initially be displayed. The Jobseeker will be asked for consent for further data to be revealed prior to any further Jobseeker data being provided to the Client. Your most recent employer and experience will be hidden until you provide consent which will be requested in your Jobseeker account. Via your Jobseeker account, you may also pre-emptively block certain companies from viewing you at all.
You can use your Profile to apply to job offers that are published on the Platforms. Should you apply directly for a position, you will be asked to attach your CV and this will be sent, along with your contact details, to the Client. The Client will then have access to your Profile. We will not store a copy of your CV. We will store the date of your last activity on the Platforms, which will be the date you most recently updated your profile or CV or the date you last applied for jobs using the Services.
If you choose to create a Jobseeker Profile with us, then we will keep your data on file until you ask us to delete your account from our database or when we are reasonably required to do so under GDPR (whichever the earlier).
7.5 Application History
Within your account we store your applications to job listings that were published on the Platforms in a history that can be accessed via your account.
8. Deceased UserIn the event of the death of a Jobseeker, a person authorised to act on behalf of the estate, or a verified immediate family member of the deceased Jobseeker can request to have the deceased Jobseeker’s account removed. We will require additional documentation for this request in order to avoid unauthorised and false reports. Any information requested by Us in this regard will remain confidential and will be deleted once we have reviewed it.
9. Other terms that may apply to youThis Agreement refers to the following additional terms, which also apply to your use of the Website:
• If you are a Client, our Client Terms and Conditions[hyperlink], which sets out information applicable to Clients.
10. Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003Jobseekers and Clients need to be aware that this job board operates as a venue only and does not introduce or supply Jobseekers to Clients (or vice versa). This means that we do not:
• obtain sufficient information for potential employers/recruiters to select a suitable Jobseeker for the position which the Client seeks to fill;
• obtain confirmation of the identity of a Jobseeker or that they have the experience, training, qualifications or authorisation to work in the position to be filled or that they wish to undertake the role to be filled;
• take any steps to ensure the Jobseeker and Client are each aware of any requirement imposed by law or otherwise which must be satisfied by either of them to permit the Jobseeker to fulfil the position to be filled;
• take any steps to ensure that it would not be detrimental to the interests of the Jobseeker or the Client for the Jobseeker to fulfil the position to be fulfilled;
• give any indication to Clients whether Jobseekers are unsuitable (or suitable) for any position to be filled in any circumstances other than basic Profile screening;
• propose Jobseekers to Clients or provide any information about them.
• take up any references in relation to a Jobseeker; or,
• make any arrangements for accommodation of Jobseekers.
The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003 (the “Regulations”) seek to ensure that Jobseekers are only proposed by employment agencies for roles for which they are properly qualified and that recruiters are only offered Jobseekers who have the appropriate levels of experience, training, qualifications and authorisation for the position to be filled. Since we are only a venue and do not propose or introduce Jobseekers to recruiters or vice versa, it is recommended that, if you are a Jobseeker you undertake the steps set out in the Regulations to ensure your suitability for the role advertised or, if you are a recruiter, to ensure a Jobseeker’s suitability for the role.
These could include:
1. If you are a Jobseeker; checking the identity of the recruiter and the nature of its business, the commencement date and duration of the position, the position to be filled including type of work, location, hours and risks to health and safety, experience, training, qualifications and authorisation which the recruiter considers necessary or are required by law or otherwise to undertake the position, whether any expenses are payable by you as a Jobseeker or whether there are any requirements imposed by law or otherwise for you to satisfy before taking up a position.
2. If you are a recruiter; checking the identity of the Jobseeker and that the Jobseeker has the experience, training, qualifications and authorisation required by law or otherwise for the position and whether there are any requirements imposed by law or otherwise for you, as the recruiter, to meet to enable a Jobseeker to take up a position.
In addition, where professional qualifications are required or where Jobseekers are to work with vulnerable persons or children, you should obtain copies of the relevant qualifications or authorisation, obtain at least two references from people who are not relatives of the Jobseeker and undertake a criminal records bureau check of the Jobseeker. For more details of how to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, visit the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) website.
Any searching or screening tools provided by us for use in your assessment of the suitability or otherwise of any particular candidate or advertised vacancy are to assist you in taking these steps, but are not intended as a substitute.
11. We may make changes to the terms of these termsWe amend these Jobseeker Terms from time to time. These Jobseeker Terms are effective from 16th March 2021. You will be required to review and accept any updated Jobseeker Terms on the Platforms as and when they are updated from time to time if you wish to continue using the Platforms.
12. Our LiabilityThe Services (and any additional Services) provided by the Platforms are intended to assist the Jobseeker in finding a job or using the Services (and any Additional Services) which may assist them in their search for a job. Neither We nor our Clients can guarantee the suitability of any information or advice contained within the Platforms or any external links. The Jobseeker should obtain independent advice and/or verification before relying on any information contained within the Platforms or external links which may result in loss or damage.
Our liability, and the liability of our Clients, for any loss or damage suffered by a Jobseeker as a result of their use of the Platforms is limited to any actual direct damages and, except in the case of fraud, excludes any loss of future earnings, profit or prospects or any consequential loss. As required by law, this does not extend to death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
13. Job search safetyTo stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit www.safer-jobs.com for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
14. Jobseeker liabilty14.1 The Jobseeker acknowledges and agrees that they are solely responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any Profile data, CV or material contained therein placed by the Jobseeker on the Website. The Jobseeker should be aware (subject to the contact details you provide) that they may be contacted directly by Clients or Partners via email, post or telephone.
14.2 The Jobseeker is liable if they are contacted by a Client or other partner organisation without intervention from Us.